GMC to premiere first original Christmas feature film “The Heart of Christmas”
Gospel Music Channel will be debuting its first original Christmas feature film, “The Heart of Christmas” at 6 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 4.
The movie, set in Washington, Ill. and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, is inspired by the true story of the Locke family and Grammy-nominated artist Matthew West’s single “One Last Christmas.”
West has written songs for Rascal Flatts, which includes Picher native Joe Don Rooney as a band member; Billy Ray Cyrus; and Natalie Grant; among others.
West heard about Dax Locke’s story and, after releasing his hit single, raised over $205,000 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, according to a news release.
West’s first Christmas album, “The Heart of Christmas,” released in October, is a mix of original music and holiday classics, and features contributions by Oklahoma City native Vince Gill, Amy Grant and Mandisa.
Songs from the album can be heard throughout the movie.
“The Heart of Christmas” plays out in flashback form from the perspective of Megan (Candace Cameron Bure), a successful businesswoman, wife and mother of two whose committment to faith and family is renewed after reading the blog of Julie Locke.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims
- 3981Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3781Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3432Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients