“Petkeeping with Marc Morrone” returns to Hallmark Channel Jan. 2
A new season of “Petkeeping with Marc Morrone” will begin at 11:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 2 on the Hallmark Channel.
Morrone, billed as Martha Stewart’s go-to pet expert, will feature topics this season including holistic treats for your pets, the wild ancestry of common household pets, pet-proofing your home, and more, according to a news release.
There will also be several shows dedicated to specific species such as turtles, ferrets, rodents and salt water creatures.
Descriptions for the show’s premiere week episodes, provided by Hallmark, are as follows:
Monday, January 2 – PROACTIVE HEALTH CARE FOR YOUR PETS
No one likes an emergency trip to the vet, and that’s why it pays to be proactive when it comes to the health of our pets. Marc discusses the importance of oral care when it comes to your pet and shares his tips for brushing a cat’s teeth. Plus, creating a mealtime menu that will keep your birds happily at home instead of visiting the vet. And veterinarian Dr. Rich Goldstein talks about what we can do to make sure our pets stay healthy
Tuesday, January 3 – GROOMING & BATHING YOUR PET
Marc shares his tips and techniques on how to properly groom your pet at home.
Wednesday, January 4 – TURTLES
Whether it’s the majestic sea turtle, resilient mud turtle or the popular red-eared slider, people of all ages seem to be fascinated by turtles and tortoises. Although they carry their homes on their backs, they still require a lot of care. Marc discusses everything you need to know to properly care for one of these creatures. Plus, wildlife conservationist Norman Soule shares some of his beautiful and rare turtles.
Thursday, January 5 – COMMUNICATION & COMPASSION
Marc talks to PETA representative, Ashley Byrne, about the misconception between the animals we pamper and the one’s that end up on the dinner table…All animals should be treated with respect and compassion. Plus, Marc discusses how to communicate and understand your pet.
Friday, January 6 – PET-PROOFING YOUR HOME
Whether it’s knocking over the garbage, tearing up the carpet, or chewing our favorite shoes, sometimes it seems like our pets were born to wreak havoc! But don’t worry, Marc shares his best tips on how to protect your valuables AND your pets by pet-proofing your home the right way.
Saturday, January 7– HOLISTIC PET CARE
As it grows in popularity, more and more animal lovers are considering holistic health care for their pets. Marc shows how to spoil your pet with some homemade treats that are natural, healthy and delicious. Plus, a veterinarian explains the benefits of holistic treatment and acupuncture for your pets.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4180Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3744Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 3718Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients