“The Living Room with Gerry Bonds”: May edition features Olympic-related topics
The May edition of “The Living Room with Gerry Bonds’” radio program centers on Olympic-related subjects, beginning with the role the Oklahoma City Boathouse Foundation, the Devon Boathouse rowing facility and the USA Canoe/Kayak organization is playing to bring the Oklahoma River to the forefront in training athletes and engaging the community in river sports, according to a news release.
Sprint kayaker Kaitlyn McElroy and her coach Shaun Caven will be the first guests on the program. Caven is the USA Canoe/Kayak team coach, and was previously an Olympic coach for the British National Team in 2008, with one of his athletes taking home the gold medal.
McElroy finished second in the Olympic trials here and will compete in events in Poland and Germany.
The second segment features Mike Knopp, executive director of the OKC Boathouse Foundation, and gold medalist Joe Jacobi, who is also CEO of USA Canoe/Kayak.
River programs, the boathouses and Finish Line Tower, as well as what’s ahead for the riverfront will be discussed.
In addition, Bonds will also have a phone interview with New York Times critically acclaimed author Kate Buford, who was the first guest on “The Living Room with Gerry Bonds” back in September as she was launching her biography of Oklahoma’s Jim Thorpe, “Native American Son.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3712OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3641Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3479How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients