Author with Oklahoma ties Karen Schreck makes Rise & Shine appearance May 11
Author Karen Schreck, whose latest book was inspired by her Oklahoma roots, will be on KAUT-43′s “Rise & Shine” at 7:15 a.m. , Friday, May 11.
Information provided in a news release said Karen’s family was part of the original Sooner Rush, eventually establishing a life in Oklahoma. Her mother’s life story, about a childhood sweetheart-turned-husband who died fighting in World War II provided the inspiration for one of the character’s storylines in her new young adult novel, “While He Was Away.” Karen’s love of the beautiful Oklahoma land and her family’s ties to the state helped to create the story’s setting and characters.
Schreck will also be involved in a presentation and book signing of her new novel at 6 p.m., Friday, May 11 at Best of Books in Edmond and at 3 p.m., Saturday, May 12 at Full Circle Books in Oklahoma City.
The young adult novel “Dream Journal,” a 2006 Young Adult Book Sense Pick, and the award-winning children’s book “Lucy’s Family Tree” are among Schreck’s previous works. For more information on the author, visit karenschreck.com.
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients