Lindsay Pulsipher sees love, history in her role as Roseanna McCoy in “Hatfields & McCoys” miniseries
(This story was published in the Life section of The Oklahoman May 30, 2012.)
In the midst of the violent true saga of the American family feud depicted in the miniseries “Hatfields & McCoys,” there is a love story.
Actress Lindsay Pulsipher found that to be a captivating aspect, along with the authenticity of the story, as she portrayed the role of Roseanna McCoy in the miniseries, which concludes at 8 p.m. Wednesday on the History Channel.
Roseanna, daughter of the head of the McCoy clan, falls in love with Johnse Hatfield (Matt Barr), and since Johnse is the son of the head of the Hatfield clan, their romance is not a welcome one. Kevin Costner portrays Devil Anse Hatfield, and Bill Paxton plays Randall McCoy, both patriarchs of the feuding sides.
Pulsipher talked about her role and the miniseries in a recent phone interview with The Oklahoman.
Q: “Hatfields & McCoys” was filmed in Romania. What was it like working there?
A: It was absolutely beautiful. They did an amazing job location scouting to find these locations that look exactly like Kentucky and West Virginia did after the Civil War. It’s really amazing what they were able to do over there.
Q: Was it as cold as it looked in some scenes?
A: (Laughs) I’m not gonna lie. There were some times we were in the mountains and it got pretty cold. I have one scene where I’m riding a horse and there’s rain, and I think that it was somewhere around 30 degrees, and it was freezing. I was really glad when that scene was done.
Q: What drew you to the role of Roseanna?
A: She is such an amazing character. She has such a beautiful character arc. She really starts in one place in the story and ends in a completely different place, and it’s really interesting to me to watch a character make this full circle.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 3989Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 2759Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients