“An Amish Murder”: Neve Campbell stars in compelling mystery movie
“Party of Five” vet Neve Campbell stars as Kate Burkholder, the chief of police for the predominantly Amish farming community of Painter’s Mill, Ohio, in the Lifetime Original Movie “An Amish Murder,” which is based on the novel “Sworn to Silence” by Linda Castillo.
Burkholder, who grew up in an Amish family in Painter’s Mill, has returned to the town and her past lifestyle is both a help and a hindrance in her job as police chief.
When it appears that a serial killer from the ’90s is back, Burkholder fears the murderer may be connected to a secret from her past.
Campbell’s brother Christian (“Big Love”) also stars in the movie as Burkholder’s brother Jacob, along with Noam Jenkins (“Covert Affairs”), Jilon VanOver (“Hatfields & McCoys”), IronE Singleton (“The Walking Dead”) and C. Thomas Howell (“Southland,” “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.”
Kate Burkholder is a good role for Campbell and she delivers a solid performance in a movie that is effective in creating some chills for mystery fans.
The rest of the cast is sound as well, especially standouts Jenkins, Vanover and Howell.
“An Amish Murder,” airs at 8 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 6 on Lifetime.
– Melissa Hayer
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3685College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3424Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3280Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients