“Banshee”: New Cinemax series enticing
The Cinemax series “Banshee” stars New Zealand native Antony Starr as just-released ex-con and master thief Lucas Hood who is given the opportunity to become someone else due to circumstances involving the death of the new sheriff of Banshee, Pa. upon his arrival to the town.
Hood has journeyed to Banshee to track down his former love/ partner in crime and finds she has taken on a new identity herself as Carrie Hopewell, the wife of Banshee’s district attorney Gordon Hopewell (Rus Blackwell, “Burn Notice”).
Carrie (Ivana Milicevic (“Charlie’s Angels”) is surprised to encounter Lucas as the new Banshee sheriff and worries that he’ll lead Rabbit (Ben Cross, “Star Trek”), the Ukrainian gangster they worked for and stole from, to Banshee since he’s been after them for 15 years.
Add to the mix the former boxer/ex-con bar owner Sugar Bates (Frankie Faison, “The Good Wife”) who befriends Lucas; deadly transvestite computer hacker Job (Hoon Lee, “Premium Rush”) who helps Lucas in his criminal endeavors; Deva Hopewell (Ryann Shane, “Blue Bloods”), Carrie and Gordon’s ultra-rebellious teen daughter; and wealthy, menacing and powerful Kai Proctor (Ulrich Thomsen, “The Thing”) who pretty much runs this small Amish town however he sees fit, and you have a pretty fascinating series to become engrossed in.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6112Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5411Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5319Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients