“Showville”: Hugo among open call audition towns for new unscripted AMC series
Hugo, OK is among the eight towns on the open call audition list for AMC’s newest unscripted series “Showville” (formerly titled “Road Show), the network announced today.
Details on “Showville”, provided by AMC, are as follows:
Created and executive produced by Laurie Girion (“Cheerleader Nation,” “Welcome to Sweetie Pies”) and distributed internationally by Sony Pictures Television, the series organizes competitions in each town, featuring local talent who get the chance of a lifetime to be in the spotlight.
Actor Alec Mapa and choreographer Lisette Bustamante were named as the series’ performance coaches, working with the show’s finalists each week to prep them for their performance in front of a live, local audience.
“Showville” consists of eight one-hour episodes and premieres this spring.
“Showville” will host open call auditions in the following towns, offering locals of all ages – from singers and dancers to comedy acts and jugglers – an opportunity to win $10,000 in prize money:
· Holland, Michigan;
· Kingston, Rhode Island;
· Walla Walla, Washington;
· San Marcos, Texas;
· Hugo, Oklahoma;
· Mount Airy, North Carolina;
· Athens, Ohio; and
· Fairfield, Iowa,
As the series’ performance coaches, Mapa and Bustamante will be given 48 hours to mentor each town’s four finalists in preparation for the “big show.” The audience gets to know the finalists and their back-stories as they are coached over two days with the goal of bringing out the best of their abilities. The final competition will take place at a well-known town venue where an audience comprised of locals, including families, friends and neighbors, will join together and ultimately be responsible for selecting the victor.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16829OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15402Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 12656Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11727Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7777Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7628Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7109Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6861Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
- 6397Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients