“Switched at Birth”: All-ASL episode planned; Zoey Deutch to guest star
The ABC Family award-winning drama “Switched at Birth” will produce an episode told completely in American Sign Language (ASL), a first for a scripted series on mainstream television, according to a news release.
The special episode will air at 7 p.m. Monday, March 4, and will be presented from the perspective of the series’ multiple deaf characters, with open captions for hearing viewers. The storyline places the audience in the middle of a student uprising in which the very essence of their deaf identity is at stake.
“Switched at Birth,” currently in its second season, is the first mainstream television show to feature multiple deaf and hard-of-hearing series regulars and scenes shot entirely in American Sign Language.
“I’ve been wanting to do an all-ASL episode since the series began, and the storyline we’ve been focusing on this season gave us the perfect opportunity. It’s an exciting, visual, empowering story of kids who are different fighting back, and it allows our audience to experience the world as our deaf characters do. We’ve been building to this for 39 episodes and we’re all thrilled to be the first to try this,” series creator and Executive Producer Lizzy Weiss said in the news release.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16614OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14171Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13556Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10806Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9444Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7747Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7539Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7474'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7103Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7093Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients