“Silver Rush”: Deep-sea treasure quest three-part series premieres Feb. 24
The three-part Discovery Channel series “Silver Rush” debuts with back-to-back episodes airing from 7 to 10 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 24.
Details on the series, provided by Discovery Channel, are as follows:
This past summer, Discovery Channel cameras rolled as the world’s best-known deep-sea recovery team, Odyssey Marine Exploration (OME), successfully recovered approximately 48 tons of silver bullion from the SS Gairsoppa – making it the deepest and heaviest cargo recovery in history.
SILVER RUSH, a new three-episode series narrated by Mike Rowe, tells the story of one of the greatest deep-sea treasure quests of all time. The series will take viewers on board Odyssey’s flagship, the Odyssey Explorer, as it launches its most audacious operation ever — locate and excavate three shipwrecks worth as much as a billion dollars all in one season.
In 2007, Discovery Channel was there as OME hit the jackpot with the discovery of the “Black Swan,” a Colonial-era site with 17 tons of silver and gold worth hundreds of millions of dollars. However, after a five-year legal battle, Odyssey was forced to hand over the treasure to Spain, one of the nations that claimed the treasure. The ruling delivered a devastating blow for OME founder/CEO Greg Stemm and the company’s anxious investors. “You have to be willing to go through years of very difficult situations with your eye on the prize long term,” Stemm said.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 52918Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35454Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32552Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8890Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 7405Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5405Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4121OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3647George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3351Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3251Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients