Tulsa television news producer continues “Jeopardy!” winning streak
Tulsa television news producer Josh Brakhage, 29, won $20,006 in his fourth consecutive “Jeopardy!” victory Monday, Jan. 28, increasing his total earnings to $69,611.
Brakhage, a native of South Coffeyville, OK, will compete again Tuesday, Jan. 29 in an attempt to add to his prize money and become a five-game champion.
An interview with Brakhage, provided by “Jeopardy!,” is as follows:
“Being a five-day champ is the goal of any JEOPARDY! fan,” Brakhage said. “But I would have been fully satisfied simply with the experience of being on the show.”
Brakhage played on his junior high and high school quiz bowl teams and served as a college academic bowl moderator. He auditioned twice before getting the chance to compete.
“I’ve watched JEOPARDY! all my life, since my dad used to pick me up from school and we’d go home and watch the show together,” said Brakhage. “When I got good enough to beat him, I started keeping score during the game, so I was doing math and answering questions at the same time.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8171OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6350Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6186Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6108OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4747Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4683Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3723Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3514Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3353As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients