“Smash”: Season Two debut dynamic
After some revamping, “Smash” returns for its second season with a two-hour premiere at 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, before airing at its usual time period at 9 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12.
Joshua Safran replaced showrunner Theresa Rebeck after her exit last spring, and his input into the show has resulted in more energy in the first few episodes I’ve viewed so far of Season Two.
Most of the qualities from the first season of the show remain – entertaining characters, delightful music and delicious behind-the-scenes Broadway drama.
Competitive “Bombshell” starlets Karen (Katharine McPhee) and Ivy (Megan Hilty) are back, along with writing team Julia (Debra Messing) and Tom (Christian Borle), producer Eileen (Anjelica Huston) and director Derek (Jack Davenport).
But some characters aren’t returning for the long-term, however, such as Julia’s husband Frank (Brian d’Arcy James), their son Leo (Emory Cohen), Eileen’s scheming assistant Ellis (Jaime Cepero), and Karen’s paramour Dev (Raza Jaffrey).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims
- 3981Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3781Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3432Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients