Oklahoma City Thunder’s impact on state featured in OETA series
OETA’s Emmy Award-winning documentary series “Stateline” examines the impact the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA basketball team has had on business, state pride and Oklahoma’s state image at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 14.
Details on the program, provided by OETA, are as follows:
A state once divided into red and orange now radiates Thunder blue. The team’s all-star roster led by Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, their subsequent rise in the NBA standings and an appearance in the finals is the most visible facet of Oklahoma City’s arrival on the world stage.
It’s all sparked by the Thunder fans’ passionate support, and fueled by the team’s commitment to their new home. With an obvious boost to the state economy and the satisfaction of being perceived as a growing, unified community on the way up, “Stateline” reveals how Oklahoma is enjoying this “Thunder Boom.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients