“The Walking Dead”: Midseason Three premiere delivers 12.3 million viewers
AMC’s midseason three premiere of “The Walking Dead,” which aired at 8 p.m. last night, (Sunday, February 10) captured the series’ largest audience ever, delivering 12.3 million viewers.
The previous record was 10.9 million viewers from the third season premiere on Oct. 14, 2012, according to a news release.
The episode is also the strongest broadcast for a series in basic cable history for adults 18-49 with 7.7 million.
“The Walking Dead” third season series average for adults 18-49 delivers 6.8 million, surpassing other television series season averages including “Modern Family,” “The Big Bang Theory,” “Two and a Half Men,” and “NCIS.”
In addition to the 8 p.m. premiere, the episode encored at 10 p.m., 11 p.m. and 1 a.m., delivering 16.6 million viewers for the night.
“Talking Dead,” a companion show following “The Walking Dead” hosted by Chris Hardwick, registered 4.1 million viewers in its live airing at 9 p.m.
“When you look at numbers like this, the first thing that comes to mind is how grateful we are to the fans of this show. They embrace ‘The Walking Dead’ in a way that we wanted to believe was possible but we never take for granted,” AMC President Charlie Collier said in the news release. “The cast and crew put everything they have into making this show. They’re a phenomenally talented group who truly give their all. We congratulate everyone involved.”
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients