Kyle Chandler cast in lead role of Showtime pilot “The Vatican”
Emmy Award winner Kyle Chandler (“Friday Night Lights,” “Argo,” “Zero Dark Thirty) has been cast in the lead role of the Showtime pilot “The Vatican.”
Details on “The Vatican,” provided by Showtime, are as follows:
“The Vatican” is a contemporary genre thriller about spirituality, power and politics – set against the modern-day political machinations within the Catholic church. Chandler will portray Cardinal Thomas Duffy, the charismatic yet enigmatic Archbishop of New York, whose progressive leanings excite some and alarm others within the hierarchy of the Catholic Church. Acclaimed actors Matthew Goode (“A Single Man”) and Sebastian Koch (“A Good Day to Die Hard”) have also joined the cast.
Goode has been cast in the role of Papal Secretary Bernd Koch, the current Pope’s closest confidante – giving him a very powerful perch within the inner-circle of the Vatican.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients