A&E Network orders “Bates Motel” series
A&E Network has bypassed a pilot and ordered ten episodes of the series “Bates Motel” from Universal Television with Carlton Cuse (“Lost”) and Kerry Ehrin (“Friday Night Lights,” “Parenthood”) serving as executive producers, according to a news release.
Pre-production and casting will start immediately on the series, which is scheduled to make its debut in 2013 and is inspired by Alfred Hitchcock’s classic film “Psycho.”
A summary of the show, provided by A&E, is as follows:
“Bates Motel,” inspired by Hitchcock’s genre-defining film, “Psycho,” is a contemporary exploration of the formative years of Norman Bates, relationship with his mother, Norma, and the world they inhabit. Viewers will have access to the dark, twisted backstory and learn first-hand how Norma helped forge the most famous serial killer of them all.
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients