“Political Animals”: USA Network miniseries entertaining
Once again proving summer is not the vast wasteland of television viewing it used to be, the USA Network premieres the six-part limited series event “Political Animals” at 9 p.m. Sunday, July 15.
From creator Greg Berlanti (“Everwood”), “Political Animals” centers on Secretary of State Elaine Barrish (Sigourney Weaver) and her family, which includes her ex-husband (and former president), Bud Hammond (Ciaran Hinds), sons Doug Hammond (James Wolk), and Thomas “T.J.” Hammond (Sebastian Stan), and her mother Margaret (Ellen Burstyn).
Elaine has lost a bid for the presidency, but is dedicated in her job as secretary of state and is equally as devoted to her sons. Doug is engaged to be married to Anne Ogami, who has her own issues to deal with, and is assisting his mother in the Secretary of State’s office, while openly gay T.J. struggles with drug addiction and finding his way in life.
Added to the mix is Washington, D.C. journalist Susan Berg (Carla Gugino), whose award-winning past coverage of Elaine and her philandering ex-husband makes them automatic adversaries.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21951Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13280Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10987Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10877UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7355Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7058Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 6253Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5606Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5160Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients