“Finding Amelia Earhart: Mystery Solved?” premieres Aug. 19 on Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel has partnered with TIGHAR (The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery) to search for evidence of Amelia Earhart’s lost airplane in “Finding Amelia Earhart: Mystery Solved?”
Information on the program, airing at 9 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 19 on Discovery Channel, provided by the network, is as follows:
On July 3rd, 2012, Discovery Channel and TIGHAR (The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery) departed from Honolulu on a mission to search for evidence of Earhart’s long-lost Lockheed Electra aircraft.
Over the course of the 26-day expedition, the eighteen-person research crew aimed to locate, identify, and photograph any and all surviving aircraft wreckage that they believed to be in the deep waters surrounding Nikumaroro, an uninhabited coral atoll in the southwestern-Pacific Republic of Kiribati.
The on-board activities and underwater findings of the Niku VII7 expedition were captured exclusively by Discovery and will be broadcast as a documentary at 9 p.m. on Aug. 19.
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8192Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6372Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients