“Homeland”: Showtime offers first look at Season Two
Showtime has released the first look at the second season of its Emmy nominated and Golden Globe and Peabody Award-winning drama series “Homeland.”
Season Two of “Homeland” premieres at 9 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 30.
More information on the series and its second season, provided by Showtime, is as follows:
Developed for American television by Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa and based on the original Israeli series “Prisoners of War” by Gideon Raff, “Homeland” stars Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Claire Danes, Emmy and Golden Globe nominee Damian Lewis, and Emmy and Tony Award winner Mandy Patinkin.
The one-hour drama series tells the story of Carrie Mathison (Danes), a CIA officer battling her own demons, who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of U.S. soldier Nicholas Brody (Lewis) was a setup and may be connected to an Al Qaeda plot to be carried out on American soil.
As we begin season two, Carrie is no longer with the Agency. The disgraced ex-officer is on the slow path to recovery, after her manic flight in season one nearly crashed Brody’s political career. It’s this fragile new existence that Carrie’s former colleagues Saul Berenson (Patinkin) and David Estes (David Harewood) threaten to shatter, when they come to her door asking for help.
Meanwhile, Brody is several months into his inaugural term as a freshman Congressman, and finds himself buffeted daily by competing agendas. With every lie he tells, the walls around him close in a little tighter, threatening to bring him down, along with his family and everything they’ve achieved since his return.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3926How to help tornado victims
- 3623Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3239Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients