“Steel Magnolias”: Lifetime Original Movie premieres Oct. 7
The world premiere of the Lifetime Original Movie “Steel Magnolias” is scheduled to premiere at 8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7, according to a news release.
Information on the film, provided by Lifetime, is as follows:
Golden Globe and Grammy Award winner and Academy Award nominee Queen Latifah stars in and executive produces the film, a television adaptation of the iconic play and 1989 film of the same name, reuniting her with producing duo Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, from the Oscar and Golden Globe-winning “Chicago” and “Hairspray.”
Directed by Kenny Leon (“A Raisin in the Sun”), the film will feature Queen Latifah taking on the role of ‘M’Lynn’ and starring alongside Tony Award winner Phylicia Rashad as ‘Clairee,’ Independent Spirit Award nominee Adepero Oduye as ‘Annelle,’ Tony Award nominee Condola Rashad as ‘Shelby,’ with Grammy winner Jill Scott as ‘Truvy’ and Golden Globe and multiple Emmy winner (and Tulsa native) Alfre Woodard as ‘Ouiser.’
Produced by Sony Pictures Television, “Steel Magnolias” is executive produced by Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, Queen Latifah, Shakim Compere (“Single Ladies”) and Shelby Stone.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients