“Steel Magnolias”: Lifetime Original Movie premieres Oct. 7
The world premiere of the Lifetime Original Movie “Steel Magnolias” is scheduled to premiere at 8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7, according to a news release.
Information on the film, provided by Lifetime, is as follows:
Golden Globe and Grammy Award winner and Academy Award nominee Queen Latifah stars in and executive produces the film, a television adaptation of the iconic play and 1989 film of the same name, reuniting her with producing duo Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, from the Oscar and Golden Globe-winning “Chicago” and “Hairspray.”
Directed by Kenny Leon (“A Raisin in the Sun”), the film will feature Queen Latifah taking on the role of ‘M’Lynn’ and starring alongside Tony Award winner Phylicia Rashad as ‘Clairee,’ Independent Spirit Award nominee Adepero Oduye as ‘Annelle,’ Tony Award nominee Condola Rashad as ‘Shelby,’ with Grammy winner Jill Scott as ‘Truvy’ and Golden Globe and multiple Emmy winner (and Tulsa native) Alfre Woodard as ‘Ouiser.’
Produced by Sony Pictures Television, “Steel Magnolias” is executive produced by Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, Queen Latifah, Shakim Compere (“Single Ladies”) and Shelby Stone.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims
- 8773Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8553Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7603Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients