“Coma”: A&E update is fearfully entertaining
“Coma,” a four-hour, two-night event premiering at 8 p.m. Sept. 3 and 4 on A&E Network, is a solid retelling of the story from the bestselling novel by Robin Cook and the 1978 movie by Michael Crichton.
The multiple Academy Award and Emmy Award-winning cast of “Coma,” from Ridley Scott and Tony Scott, includes Lauren Ambrose (“Six Feet Under”), Steven Pasquale (“Rescue Me”), Geena Davis, James Woods, Ellen Burstyn and Richard Dreyfuss.
Emmy Award winner Mikael Salomon (“Band of Brothers”) is “Coma’s” director, and the script writer is John J. McLaughlin (“Black Swan”).
The feature centers on Susan Wheeler (Ambrose), a medical student who discovers several patients have gone into comas after routine procedures at her hospital. She decides to investigate, which leads to consequences that directly affect a co-worker and her roommate, and eventually Susan herself.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26051Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17463Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8771OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8410Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8211UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7271Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6160Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4750Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients