“The Living Room with Gerry Bonds”: September program features back to school theme
Kicking off its second season, “The Living Room with Gerry Bonds” is spotlighting a back to school theme for its September edition and emphasizing some of the successful outcomes in some Oklahoma City classrooms.
The first segment guest is Carrie Coppernoll, education reporter for The Oklahoman. Carrie talks about her recent series “Real Expectations,” for which she spent a week inside three “high needs” schools, Edwards Elementary, Webster Middle School and John Marshall High School.
In the second segment, Bonds speaks with two Teach for America teachers who are in their second year at two “high needs” schools in Oklahoma City. Carolyn Statum is a pre-kindergarten teacher at Edwards Elementary and Matt Bjork teaches emotionally disturbed students at Bodine Elementary, according to a news release.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients