Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art exhibit based on documentary opens Sept. 14
An exhibit inspired by the documentary “Earth Chronicles Project, The Artist’s Process: Oklahoma” is set to open at 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 14 at the Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art.
The documentary premiered at the MGMoA in March 2012 and centers on diverse artists who share a passionate relationship to their cultures and the environment, according to a news release.
The film airs at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13 and 5 a.m. Friday, Sept. 14 on OETA, and includes 14 segments related to the meshing of art, environmental sustainability and cultural preservation in Oklahoma.
Artwork by the documentary producer, environmental artist and curator of the exhibition, Fran Hardy is among the pieces included in the exhibit. Her featured art was inspired by her travels around the state while filming the documentary.
Works by Oklahoma artists Katherine Liontas-Warren, Jack Bryan, Grace Grothaus, Kim Baker, Dr. Ian Thompson, Sue Folsom, and Jeri Redcorn are also included in the “Earth Chronicles Project, The Artist’s Process: Oklahoma” exhibit.
For more details about the documentary or the exhibit, visit www.mgmoa.org/exhibitions/earth-chronicles.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17652Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13467Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11283Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10735'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10251Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10005Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6673Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6352Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6100Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients