“The X Factor”: Season Two debuts Sept. 12 and 13
New judges Britney Spears and Demi Lovato join Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid for the second season of the singing competition series “The X Factor,” premiering from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12 and from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13.
Solo artists and vocal groups with members 12 years old or over will contend for the largest prize in television history: a $5 million recording contract with Syco/Sony Music, according to a news release.
Participants on “The X Factor” were selected from auditions from Kansas City, MO; Austin, TX; San Francisco, CA; Greensboro, NC; and Providence, RI.
Details on the show, provided by Fox, are as follows:
In a departure from other singing competition series, contestants not only audition in front of “The X Factor” judges. Perhaps more importantly, they sing for an audience of thousands, which is often referred to as the “fifth” judge, because their enthusiasm – or lack thereof – can help determine the fate of these hopefuls. This initial audition is the ultimate test to prove they have the vocal ability, charisma and stage presence it takes to become a global superstar or breakout music act and win a $5 million recording contract with Syco/Sony Music.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients