“Bates Motel” worth checking in to
In the new A&E drama “Bates Motel,” the relationship between Norma Bates and her son, Norman, is a complicated one, to say the least.
And, it’s also what makes the show so interesting, especially with Academy Award nominee Vera Farmiga (“Up in the Air,” “The Departed”) playing Norma and Freddie Highmore (“Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” “Finding Neverland”) playing Norman.
The series is a contemporary prequel to the classic Alfred Hitchcock film “Psycho” and centers on the Bates pair starting a new life in the coastal town of White Pine Bay.
After the death of her husband, Norma has bought a motel on the edge of town, and a teenaged Norman helps her get the motel ready for guests as the series begins.
There are problems from the start involving the motel being a foreclosed property and Norman making fast friends with some new classmates.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients