“Boardwalk Empire”: Third season premieres Sept. 16
The Emmy and Golden Globe-winning drama “Boardwalk Empire” debuts its 12-episode third season at 8 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 16 on HBO.
Details on the series, provided by HBO, are as follows:
Atlantic City, New Year’s Eve, 1922: The Roaring ‘20s are about to begin in earnest. Despite a booming economy, alcohol is scarce and gangster violence is heating up. With his marriage to Margaret already on the rocks, Nucky Thompson faces the challenge of mending old relationships and encounters new competition from a hair-trigger gangster determined to siphon off his business.
From Terence Winter, Emmy Award-winning writer of “The Sopranos” and Academy Award-winning director Martin Scorsese, “Boardwalk Empire” is set in the 1920s during Prohibition, and chronicles the life and times of Enoch“Nucky” Thompson, the undisputed leader of Atlantic City.
In season two, Nucky married Margaret Schroeder to prevent her from testifying in court and took revenge on Jimmy Darmody for his role in a plot against him. But his hopes for smooth sailing were derailed when she signed away his highway windfall to the church. Meanwhile, agent Van Alden fled to Illinois to escape the feds with baby and nanny in tow.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2336Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 2282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients