“Call the Midwife”: PBS premieres hit UK television series
PBS is set to air a sneak preview Sunday, Sept. 16 of its new drama from the UK “Call the Midwife,” exclusively on the PBS Facebook page (www.facebook.com/pbs), two weeks before it debuts nationally at 7 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 30 on PBS stations (check local listings), according to a news release.
A synopsis of “Call the Midwife,” provided by PBS, is as follows:
The series preview introduces viewers to newly minted midwife Jenny Lee, played by newcomer Jessica Raine, as she and the seasoned Sister Evangelina, played by Pam Ferris (“Little Dorrit,” “Darling Buds of May”), attend to a birth in London’s East End in the spring of 1957. Jenny quickly learns that she must overcome the initial shock of a culture remarkably different from the wealthy English countryside where she was brought up and tend to her new community.
For more information on “Call the Midwife,” visit www.pbs.org/programs/call-the-midwife/.
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients