Lifetime wins right to air movie “Romeo Killer: The Chris Porco Story”: Matt Barr, Eric McCormack highlight the film
(NOTE: Lifetime has won the legal right to debut its original movie ”Romeo Killer: The Chris Porco Story.”
Chris Porco had filed a lawsuit to keep the movie from airing, and a judge issued an injunction March 20 to prohibit its broadcast. However, the network won an appeal today, March 21, to air the film, according to a news release.
Lifetime will air “Beyond the Headlines: The Real Romeo Killer” after the movie’s premiere. The one-hour special features the real-life characters in the true crime story and includes exclusive interviews with Porco, his ex-girlfriend and the police department’s former lead investigator on the case.)
In the Lifetime Original Movie “Romeo Killer: The Chris Porco Story,” Matt Barr stars as Chris Porco, a 21-year-old accused of brutally murdering his father Peter and disfiguring his mother Joan (Lolita Davidovich) with an ax in Delmar, New York.
The lead detective on the case Joe Sullivan (Eric McCormack) questioned Joan at the scene of the crime and he believed she identified Chris as the attacker, but weeks after the crime she denies she identified her son as the perpetrator.
Although Chris has no trouble in finding female supporters, Sullivan, along with prosecutors, believe he’s a sociopath who would’ve had much to gain as a result of his parents’ death.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3755Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3751Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3590As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients