“The Dust Bowl”: Herschal Crow Fine Arts Center in Altus to host advance screening of PBS documentary
Western State College’s Herschal Crow Fine Arts Center is joining with OETA-The Oklahoma Network and the Oklahoma Conservation Partnership to host an advance screening of the upcoming PBS documentary “The Dust Bowl” at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4.
Dust bowl survivors featured in the film, along with historians and conservation experts, will participate in a panel discussion after the screening at the Herschal Crow Fine Arts Center, according to a news release.
The event is free and open to the public, however, seating is limited and reservations are recommended. For seating reservations, call (405) 841-9212.
“The Dust Bowl,” from acclaimed filmmaker Ken Burns (“The Civil War,” “Jazz,” “Baseball”), is scheduled to air at 7 p.m. Nov. 18 and 19 on OETA.
The two-part, four-hour film documents the history of the Dust Bowl and its causes, but primarily centers on Oklahoma and the state’s dust bowl survivors.
The screening and panel discussion are part of a statewide community engagement effort brought about to go over the issues explored in “The Dust Bowl” and promote dialogue about how Oklahomans are using, supporting and promoting sustainability in their families and communities.
Visit www.oeta.tv for more information on the project.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients