“48 Hours” season premiere features story with an Oklahoma connection
“My Dad’s Killer,” the 25th season premiere episode of “48 Hours,” centers on a daughter’s journey for justice for the death of her father and his fiancée after spending a decade of believing they were murdered by her mother, according to a news release.
Hailey Sisco is featured in the episode, airing at 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29, about the story, which includes her mother Dana Chandler’s arrest in Duncan and Chandler’s eventual conviction of the murders of Mike Sisco and his fiancée Karen Harkness in Topeka, Kansas.
“48 Hours” started following the story in 2008 when it was a cold case and was there when Chandler was arrested.
To read the article about Chandler’s arrest as it was reported in The Oklahoman, click here.
Details on the Sept. 29 episode of “48 Hours,” provided by CBS, are as follows:
Hailey Sisco lived for a decade sure she knew who killed her father and his fiancée, but was unable to prove it. Police also felt they knew who killed Mike Sisco and Karen Harkness, though initially they didn’t have enough evidence to make an arrest.
“48 Hours” was on hand as police apprehended the suspect. It was another twist in a cold case the broadcast has been covering for five years – a story family members credit “48 Hours” with keeping in the spotlight. And, it is a case that tests a daughter’s bond with her mother.
Mike Sisco and Karen Harkness were found dead July 7, 2002. The killer fired 11 bullets into the couple while they slept in Karen’s Topeka, Kan., home. Their bullet-riddled bodies were found by Karen’s father, who was visiting for a Sunday meal. He and his wife were there expecting Mike and Karen to tell them they were getting married.
“I felt it was overkill,” Detective Richard Volle says on the season premiere of “48 Hours.” “It told me that there was some emotion involved in it…this was pure revenge.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17844Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15135Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11465Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11153'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10637Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8906OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8210Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6899Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6524Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6213Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients