“Project Runway All Stars”: Oklahoman Kayne Gillaspie among competitors in second season
Thirteen designers from past seasons of the Emmy Award-nominated reality series “Project Runway,” including Oklahoma’s Kayne Gillaspie, are returning to compete in the second season of Lifetime’s “Project Runway All Stars.”
Debuting at 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, the show features new host supermodel Carolyn Murphy, judges Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman and mentor Joanna Coles, former Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire, according to a news release.
Celebrity guest judges include Katie Holmes, Kylie Minogue, Stacy Keibler, Liv Tyler and Gretchen Mol, along with fashion notables Diane von Furstenberg, Jason Wu, Margherita Missoni, Charlotte Ronson, Rafe Totengco and Elie Tahari.
Fashion blogger Tavi Gevinson and cameo appearances by Karl Lagerfeld and the House of Valentino will also be spotlighted.
Details on the competitors, prize information and the show’s production credits, provided by Lifetime, are as follows:
Designers for “Project Runway All Stars” Season Two include:
- Wendy Pepper (Middleburg, VA) – Season One, Second Runner-Up – A villain to remember on the first-ever season of Project Runway, Wendy made her mark in the workroom and on the Runway with her feminine dresses, structural form-fitting jackets, strong patterns and even stronger personality, beating out Austin Scarlett for the final spot to show at fashion week. Since her time on Project Runway, she opened her own boutique and launched a new line called “Pretty World.”
- Andrae Gonzalo (New York, NY) – Season Two – Best known for his emotional outbursts on his season, Andrae’s designs frequently contrasted elements of poverty and luxury. After the show, Andrae was given the challenge to create an original duffel bag for the “Keep a Child Alive AIDS” charity auction.
- Kayne Gillaspie (Oklahoma City, OK) – Season Three – Kayne’s pageant sensibilities proved valuable when he won the “Fit for a Queen” challenge and designed an evening gown for Tara Conner, Miss USA 2007 to wear at the Miss Universe Pageant. Since his season, Kayne has established the award winning shoe line “Johnathan Kayne” produced by Benjamin Walk Corporation.
- Uli Herzner (Miami, FL) – Season Three, First Runner-up – Uli’s designs are feminine, flowy and colorful, inspired by the beaches and climate of her hometown Miami. She currently has continued success with her designs and even has her own show called “It’s Very Uli” on Plum TV.
- Suede (Barryville, NY) – Season Five – Known for his confidence, brightly colored hair and speaking about himself in the third person, Suede’s dynamic personality and eye-catching style attracted a major following. His designs can be seen on celebrities such as Britney Spears, Brooke Burke, Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson and Christina Aguilera.
- Althea Harper (New Haven, CT) – Season Six, First Runner-up – As stunning as one of her own models, Althea’s design aesthetic emphasizes draping, silhouette and tailoring that flatters the curves of a strong woman. Since Project Runway, Althea was invited to become part of the Tory Burch design team and she has since designed full-time for her own successful line “Althea Harper.” She is currently the head designer for Quincy.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17454Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13102OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11643'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11460Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9987Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 8525Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8435Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7203Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7020Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7003Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients