“House of Cards”: Netflix original series available Feb. 1
All 13 episodes of the first season of the Netflix original series “House of Cards,” starring Academy Award winner Kevin Spacey, Golden Globe nominee Robin Wright and Kate Mara, will be available for members to watch instantly starting, Feb. 1, 2013, according to a news release.
Production on the second season of the drama, from Media Rights Capital, is scheduled to start in spring 2013.
Details on “House of Cards,” provided in a news release, are as follows:
“‘House of Cards” combines the best of filmmaking with the best of television. Beau Willimon’s compelling narrative, David Fincher’s unparalleled craftsmanship, indelible performances by Kevin Spacey and the rest of the cast unite to create a gripping story and new kind of viewing experience for Netflix members,” said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer, Netflix. “In offering the entire season at once, Netflix is giving viewers complete control over how and when they watch the show.”
From director David Fincher (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” “The Social Network”), award-winning playwright and Academy Award-nominated screenwriter Beau Willimon (“Farragut North,” “The Ides of March”) and Academy Award winner Eric Roth (“Forrest Gump,” “Munich”), “House of Cards” is based on the BBC miniseries of the same name. This wicked political drama slithers beneath the curtain and through the back halls of greed, sex, love and corruption in modern Washington D.C.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83911Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 66115Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33602Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 20416Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 18059Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 13064Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 9549Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 8530Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8480Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8114Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients