“The Wishing Tree” is amiable holiday movie viewing
“The Wishing Tree,” part of Hallmark Channel’s “The 12 New Movies of Christmas” and “Countdown to Christmas” event, stars Jason Gedrick as English professor Evan Farnsworth.
Farnsworth, struggling to move on with his life after his wife has passed way, works at a prestigious boarding school and agrees to supervise the students who aren’t going home for Christmas.
Well-to-do bad boy Drew (Richard Harmon), shy singer Juliet (Emmalyn Estrada) and geeky Albert (Amitai Marmorstein) make up an unusual combination, but the three become friends after Drew vandalizes the nearby small town’s Wishing Tree when his parents let him down and the other two join in as he volunteers with the Wishing Tree Foundation to make amends.
The Wishing Tree, a bare tree adorned with handwritten notes consisting of the town’s citizens’ greatest holiday wishes, also functions as a fundraiser for needy families, and with Drew, Juliet and Albert’s assistance, it becomes an even more popular and successful benefit for the community.
Prof. Farnsworth, who has negotiated Drew’s volunteering stint in place of a stiffer penalty, is mistakenly zeroed in on by Drew’s mother to be fired.
Although she and her husband neglect their son, she thinks she’s doing what’s best for him by getting rid of a teacher who is actually supportive of him.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims
- 8657Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8525Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7578Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients