“New Year’s Eve With Carson Daly”: Cassadee Pope and Train to perform, Blake Shelton and fellow “The Voice” coaches featured
“The Voice” winner Cassadee Pope and Grammy Award-winning group Train, along with some of the best musical performances from 2012, will be spotlighted on “New Year’s Eve With Carson Daly,” airing from 9 to 10 p.m. in primetime and continuing from 10:30 to 11:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 31 on NBC.
Train will perform “Mermaid” and John Lennon’s “Imagine.”
Tishomingo resident Blake Shelton will also be featured in a segment with fellow “The Voice” coaches Adam Levine, CeeLo Green and Christina Aguilera discussing their New Year’s parties.
More details on the holiday special, provided by NBC, are as follows:
“NBC’s New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly” will broadcast in high definition from the middle of the world’s most famous New Year’s Eve destination — Times Square in New York City. Angela Kinsey (NBC’s “The Office”) will join Daly with live reports from the heart of Times Square among the one million spectators. The 2012 musical retrospective includes Justin Bieber in Mexico City, Coldplay from the Paralympics Closing Ceremony, Madonna’s halftime show at the Super Bowl XLVI, Adele from Albert Hall, The Spice Girls from the Summer Olympics Closing Ceremony, PSY from the MTV European Music Awards, Beyonce from World Humanitarian Day and David Guetta from Copacabana Beach in Rio De Janeiro.
Among other highlights from the show’s segments will be: coaches Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, CeeLo Green and Christina Aguilera from NBC’s “The Voice” talking about their New Year’s parties; Jay Leno and Nick Offerman (NBC’s “Parks and Recreation”) talking about New Year’s resolutions; Donald Trump (NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice”) offers real estate advice for buyers in the New Year; Amy Poehler and Adam Scott (NBC’s “Parks and Recreation”) explain “Auld Lang Syne” and NBC’s “Parenthood” cast giving new celebrity mothers parenting advice. Jimmy Fallon from NBC’s “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” also appears.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7311Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7062Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6971UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients