AP hoops poll for Jan. 11
In the most turbulent all season in men’s college basketball, 14 teams ranked in the Top 25 combined to lose 16 games last week. Two previous unbeatens fell in No. 1 Kansas and No. 4 Purdue. Most of the upsets came in league play.
The Big 12 had four teams swap places. KU dropped to No. 3, but was replaced at No. 1 by Texas. Texas Tech dropped out of the poll from No. 22, but was replaced at the same spot with the debut of Baylor.
Here is how I voted in this week’s poll: 1. Texas; 2. Kentucky; 3. Kansas; 4. Michigan State; 5. Villanova; 6. Syracuse; 7. Purdue; 8. Duke; 9. Tennessee; 10. Georgetown; 11. Connecticut; 12. North Carolina; 13. Kansas State; 14. Wisconsin; 15. West Virginia; 16. Gonzaga; 17. Texas A&M; 18. Clemson; 19. Georgia Tech; 20. Pittsburgh; 21. Baylor; 22. Mississippi; 23. BYU; 24. Temple; 25. Florida State.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients