Big 12 Tournament: Destinations unknown
Seven Big 12 men’s teams know they’re in the NCAA Tournament, they’re just waiting to find out where.
The only certainty is Kansas will be a No. 1 seed in Oklahoma City, no matter what happens Friday or Saturday during the Big 12 Tournament inside the Sprint Center. An announcement on how fans can purchase tickets for the Ford Center regional was made during the second half of Thursday’s KU-Nebraska game.
First-round destinations remain unknown for all other Big 12 teams, however. Kansas State presumably would head to the Ford Center with a good showing in the Big 12 Tournament. Baylor and Texas A&M could finish in the No. 3-4 range for a seed, which could be good enough to earn one of them a path to New Orleans and then to the Houston Regional.
But if the Bears and Aggies finish with the same NCAA seed, which team would get the nod for Reliant Stadium? Baylor is No. 8 in the RPI while Texas A&M is No. 12. The teams split the regular-season series, but could meet in the Big 12 Tournament final on Saturday. If that’s the scenario, perhaps the Baylor-A&M winner would get preferential treatment in the NCAA Tournament.
There’s no telling where the Big 12′s lower-seeded teams — Texas, Oklahoma State and Missouri– will be shipped.
First- and second-round sites:
March 18 and 20 - Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Providence and San Jose; March 19 and 21 - Buffalo, Jacksonville, Milwaukee, Spokane.
March 25 and 27 - Syracuse and Salt Lake City
March 26 and 28 - St. Louis and Houston
Final Four: Indianapolis (April 3 and 5)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients