Big 12 Tournament: Early numbers against OSU
The sellout crowd of 18,879 inside the Sprint Center for Thursday night’s quarterfinal game between Oklahoma State and Kansas State consisted of roughly 500 OSU fans and approximately 10,000 KSU supporters.
A lopsided advantage in the stands was expected, but some heavily lopsided early numbers on the court have the Cowboys all but eliminated.
KSU jumped out to a 23-8 lead. OSU narrowed its deficit to 27-23, but Obi Muonelo drew his third foul with 8:02 left before halftime. With Muonelo on the bench, the Wildcats closed out the half with a 24-3 run to lead 51-26 at halftime. Jamar Samuels had 21 points (6 of 7 from the field) and nine rebounds — OFF THE BENCH.
Offensively, Big 12 player of the year James Anderson went 1 for 9 from the field.
Speaking of numbers, the Cowboys were a No. 7 or No. 8 seed entering the contest. Depending on the size of the blowout, they don’t figure to slip much. Losing to an opponent still trying to get a No. 1 NCAA seed is no disgrace.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 56820Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14719Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9122Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7282Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6520Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6448How to help tornado victims
- 6374Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6257Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6000Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5062Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients