Big 12 Tournament: Day Three
Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel hasn’t been the only Big 12 coach trying to push all the right buttons this season. Texas coach Rick Barnes has been looking for answers since his team’s freefall began in mid-January.
In a span of just seven weeks, the Longhorns went from the nation’s top spot to completely out of the weekly Associated Press rankings.
“We’ve just been so inconsistent, and not just one guy,” Texas coach Rick Barnes said after Thursday night’s 86-67 loss to Baylor in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Tournament. “To be quite frank, I’m baffled that we could go and do what we did today through a five-minute period. I thought we had taken some steps forward, which we seemed to do. Then we’ll take a step backwards.
“If I knew how to fix it, I would. I know what it is, it’s inconsistency. It’s from game to game wondering who is going to do their job, night in, night out.”
Sounds similar to some answers from Capel this season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients