Breakfast at The Brick
There are a handful of games each season when the Oklahoma City RedHawks have an 11:05 a.m. start at Bricktown Ballpark. Usually it’s Field Trip Day for local students. Sometimes it’s a helpful early start for a team on getaway day.
It is currently 8:57 a.m. on Wednesday and it’s opening day of the Big 12 Tournament at The Brick.
Kansas and Kansas State are a few minutes away from their opening pitch. There are 112 people in the stands and two ducks waddling down the right-field line, getting shooed away by the grounds crew.
It is 67 degrees under blue skies. There is a gentle breeze rather than straight-line gusts. No lines. Plenty of parking.
In a word, the setting is “perfect.”
Jack Nicklaus has said the best time to see a golf course is either early in the morning or late in the afternoon when shadows are cast. Baseball is very similar, especially in a setting as beautiful as The Brick.
Wednesday morning reminded you of your Little League days, when you played early Saturday, then spent the rest of the day either watching your friends ball or playing more ball yourself.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5056Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4611Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4176Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients