Tournament time for Tulsa
Tulsa will get to show off the BOK Center for the 2011 NCAA men’s basketball tournament.
Tournament sites were revealed Monday and Tulsa will host first- and second-round games, marking the first time since 1985 the NCAA men’s tournament has been staged in the city. The Mabee Center at ORU is the only Tulsa facility to previously host the men’s tournament (1974, 1975, 1978, 1982, 1985).
First- and second-round men’s tournament games will be held this upcoming season at the Ford Center, which unfortunately will be only halfway though its $100 million renovation project.
The Ford Center is bidding as a site for the 2011 NCAA women’s tournament, which would simultaneously put two NCAA tournaments inside state lines for the second straight year.
This March, the Ford Center will host the men’s tournament on March 18 and 20, while women’s first- and second-round games will be held at the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman on March 21 and 23.
No need for Tulsa and Oklahoma City to argue over who’s hosting what event or how often. This is great news for everybody.
A football state continues to enhance its stature in basketball with repeated NCAA tournaments, plus the addition of the NBA Thunder.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7581Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7449Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6635UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients