No surprise ending for Heisman
Ohio State sat around and did nothing last week, and could receive a spot in this year’s BCS national title game while sitting around and doing nothing this week.
This year’s Heisman Trophy race could be decided in much the same fashion.
Florida quarterback Tim Tebow and Arkansas ruinning back Darren McFadden won’t play again before all the ballots are counted.
Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel gets one final crack at gaining some votes Saturday night in the Big 12 championship game against Oklahoma in San Antronio.
West Virginia quarterback Patrick White, another challenger for the Heisman, also plays Saturday and figures to post some impressive numbers at home against an outmanned Pittsburgh team.
Unfortunately, one of the most wide open Heisman races ever could be decided with games still on the plate.
A monster game by White against an inferior foe probably won’t sway voters much. A monster game from Daniel against a big-name opponent could very well give Daniel a boost on some ballots.
Alas, no matter what transpires Saturday, I believe the final Heisman standings already have been set and this will be the order of finish: 1. Tebow; 2. McFadden; 3. Daniel; 4. White.
Too bad. It shouldn’t have been so predictable in such an unpredictable season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7164Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 7066UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients