Abraham's brings its breakfast, burgers back to Western Avenue
After a buyout from Chesapeake and a short stint downtown, Abraham Essaili is proving Thomas Wolfe wrong: You can go home again.
Abraham’s Western Cafe has reopened. Folks in Crowne Heights and Douglas Park regain a neighborhood diner that served the area for two decades before Aubrey McClendon and his natural gas money made Essaili an offer he couldn’t refuse.
Because the old location long ago fell under Chesapeake’s mighty wrecking ball, the new Abraham’s is located just a couple doors up the road at 4716 N Western in a location that previously was a savings and loan. So, yes, there is a drive through, but no it is not in use. Abraham has not quite worked out an onion burger that would fit into a pneumatic tube.
But that’s the only bad news. The new location has a counter, breakfast service and onion burgers that rival any in the state, including those in El Reno. Abraham’s is open 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients