Pasta, Vodka, Chorizo and Top Chef
So, at long last the Top Chef podcast returns. Meantime, here’s a recipe for Wednesday night’s Top Chef feast: Pasta with Vodka Sauce and Spanish Chorizo…
Pasta with vodka sauce and chorizo
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 sm. onion, sliced
3 clove garlic, minced
1 (28 oz.) can crushed Italian plum tomatoes,
1 c. whipping cream
1/4 cup vodka
1 teaspoon. dried crushed red pepper
1 lb. pasta, I used a fusilli lunghi
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Minced fresh chives
1/4 pound Spanish chorizo, sliced thin
1-2 serrano chiles
Salt and pepper
Fresh basil, julienned
Melt butter with oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent. Add tomatoes and simmer 15-20 minutes. Add cream, vodka and red pepper and boil until thickened to sauce consistency, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Lower heat until pasta is ready.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
While the pasta is cooking, fry the chorizo and peppers 3-4 minutes and set aside.
Pour sauce over pasta and toss well. Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil. Serve chorizo with individual servings.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients