More great moments in food and film
In Wednesday’s Oklahoman we talked about seven great moments in food and film, in honor of Oscar’s big night.
Let’s recap, with links to the scenes. Fair warning, some of the are Rated R.
In “9-1/2 Weeks,” a pioneer in the straight-to-video softcore genre, Mickey Rourke and Kim Basinger seem to have little else to do but get each other nekked. But the do find time to eat, and when they do it’s a memorable.
Without “The Public Enemy,” James Cagney was just some tap-dancing Yankee Doodle Dandy and the mob genre might never have gotten off the ground. When Cagney breaks up with his girlfriend via grapefruit, the women’s rights movement was born.
Before Pulp Fiction made the Royale with Cheese and Fatburgers household names, Quentin Tarantino was waxing poetic and profane over breakfast while Steve Buscemi gets on his soapbox over the unjust practice of tipping in “Reservoir Dogs.”
Jack Nicholson’s on-screen persona was born over breakfast in ”Five Easy Pieces.”
My ringtone for the last year came from “There Will Be Blood,” and drinking a milkshake will never be the same.
My son is named after Cool Hand Luke. Part of the reason Paul Newman’s portrayal, another part was the characters way with eggs.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 9407How to help tornado victims
- 8455Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8294Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients