Lunch of the Week; Lunch of the Weak
Lunch of the Weak: Jo’s Famous Pizza — After years of anticipation and the opening of a metro location, I was able to try Jo’s Famous Pizza, a Purcell institution since 1962.
Lunch started with poppers. Fresh jalapenos sliced in half and filled with mozzarella and a bacon strip. Mozzarella seemed like a fitting choice but doesn’t work nearly as good as cream cheese in this format. Most sadly, the jalapenos had been stripped of all the white membrane where the heat lies and seeds roost. Thus, you end up with a popless popper. A per, I reckon.
As for the pizza, word on the street is get the Canadian baco. I concur, Jo’s chops its Canadian bacon fine, making the texture more like bacon than ham. The other half was mushroom and onion. The mushrooms were canned and the onions nondescript. The sauce was spare, which is ok by me. I’m more interested in the crust. Jo’s had a potentially good, thin crust that was counteracted by its being undercooked. Ouch.
Wasn’t super thrilled with having everything served to me on cardboard rounds, including the appetizer. Seems weird sitting in the old Lottinvilles log cabin on what essentially is rubbish. I guess it’s more green though.
Not dismissing Jo’s, just a little disappointed.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients