To chill or not to chill...
Got the wine picked out, purchased and now it’s sitting on the kitchen counter. You’re wondering when you can pour a glass.
First, you should know the hubbub over wine temperature is related to aroma. As wine warms, the aroma is released.
With that in mind, here’s a basic rule of thumb: Refrigerate white white an 60 to 90 imnutes before service. Pull and uncork it from the fridge 20 minutes before service. With red wine, refrigerate it 20 minutes before service to bring the temperature down, then pull it before service and allow it to warm, which will release the much-cherished aroma.
There’s tons of differing opinions, but this should get you started.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16829OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15402Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 12656Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11727Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7777Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7628Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7109Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6861Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
- 6397Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients