As a child of the Atari and Intellivision age, and never a favored child, my interest in video games waned sometime after I guided the Warren Moon-led Houston Oilers to Super Tecmo Bowl supremacy.
That said, my kids enjoy both Wii and Xbox 360. I have been known to dabble in a little Guitar Hero, though once I mastered Rancid’s “Salvation,” I’d gamed sufficiently.
Now, game-makers are barking up my tree with the imminent release of Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine for Nintendo Wii, which arrives in stores the first week of December, and DS.
Players square off in Kitchen Stadium and battle through a series of culinary challenges. Each victory advances players closer to a final showdown that will determine who will reign supreme as the next Iron Chef America.
You can take on Iron Chefs Mario Batali, Cat Cora and Masaharu Morimoto under the watchful eyes of “The Chairman” and Alton Brown. The absence of Bobby Flay means it’ll be tougher to sell the wife on this purchase. Maybe a “Throwdown” for Wii is in development.
So far, there is no game for the Japanese version of the show, which we can only hope changes. I can see it now, me versus Iron Chef Chen Kenichi in Battle Yeti Spleen!
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients