Variations on a pot of chili
One of the beauties of chili is its flexibility. It’s great by itself, but you know you love to smother a coney, burger or plate of fries with it. Here’s 8 uses for leftover chili
1. With a healthy dose of water or broth, chili can be converted into a hearty enchilada sauce.
2. Mixed with a couple tablespoons of sour cream and a little dry mustard, you can turn it into a spicy version of Beef Stroganoff.
3. Stir fry it with rice and an egg as either an omelet or terrific breakfast taco.
4. Mix it with refried beans and wrap it in a burrito with cheese and onions for burrito.
5. Add more water, some sliced tomatoes and sliced and boiled potatoes. Give this new mix at least another 20 minutes cooking time and you’ve got carne guisada.
6. Add leftover Thanksgiving turkey and, if you’re feeling adventurous, stuffing for a holiday leftovers you don’t dread.
7. Ever hear of Frito Pie?
8. Using the thinned version mentioned above, spread it over flat bread and add your favorite cheese(s), red onions, and sliced Spanish chorizo to make a pizza that will make you never want to call Little Caesar’s again.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients