"Top Chef" contestant coming to town; Season 5 update
First things first. A local mother of 5 recently won an essay contest through momtourage.com, the parenting page powered by ivillage.com, and part of her prize is a meal prepared by Tre Wilcox of Season 3 fame. Look for more information about the winner in next Wednesday’s Life section in The Oklahoman.
I recently talked to Tre about his upcoming trip, what he’s doing now and why the heck he cooked salmon in a barbecue competition.
All that and a wrapup of episode two of the ongoing season of Top Chef are in today’s podcast.
And here’s last night’s recipe:
Double Cheese enchiladas
1 cup shredded Tillamook cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion
1-2 serranos chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups Red River chili (we used the mushroom and toasted pecan variation)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4197Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3744Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 3743Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients