More tamale filling recipes
When we had our tamalada last weekend, besides red chile pork tamales we also filled some with chicken and others with a black bean, corn, green chile and cheese filling. Also, here’s the recipe for the salsa crema:
1 jar Mexican table cream, or crema fresca
2 green onions diced,
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds, crushed into powder
Juice of half a lime, or 1 teaspoon lime zest.
salt and pepper to taste
Mix thoroughly and serve.
Chicken tamale filling
1 whole chicken
4 bay leaves
1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
3 cloves garlic
1 onion quartered
12 whole peppercorns
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26979Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17115Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9403UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8599Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7948Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7430OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6562Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6162Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6113Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6077Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients